legal eagle
legal eagle, Attorney
Experience:  20 years of experience in all kinds of law, especially employment law and family law.
44859865

Have been exclusive Commercial Agent German company. German

Customer Question

Hi, I am Canadian and have been exclusive Commercial Agent for a German company. German company took my commission as hostage and forced me to sign a new agreement with new terms and conditions, they wrote me clearly that they will not pay my commission unless I agree with new terms and conditions. Isn't it against the law and criminal act?
Thanks for your help,
Category: German Law
Expert:  legal eagle replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer ,

Thank you so much for using Just Answer.

Contracts must be kept is the rule. So no one can Force you to Chance a contract .You need to agree with the contract. If you were forced and blackmailed into signing you can contest the contract according to section 123 of the Civil Law Book. This makes the contract nil and void so that the old contract gets into force again.As for criminal acts there is possible coercion and blackmail even.