DirkBettinger
DirkBettinger, Rechtsanwalt
Experience:  2. Staatsexamen
31778273

My mother married a German and moved to Germany. They bought

Customer Question

My mother married a German and moved to Germany. They bought a house together and where married over 20 years before she passed. When she passed away I got the will from the German Government asking me if I wish to contests it since in the will it said that I could not claim my part of the house until her husband died. He was a very shady man but I didn't want him to have to sell the house for me to get my share and decided to wait until he did to get my inheritance. 3 Years later I find out that he is remarried and not living in that house anymore. So I'm wondering what happens to my share of that house? Can he sell it without my consent? If so I’m I entitled to half of the selling price? What are my options? In the will it says that I get 1/2 of the house and his son gets the other half. is there a time limit to claim ? She passed august 24th 2011
Category: German Law
Expert:  legal eagle replied 1 year ago.
I would need to see the exact wording of the will