hhvgoetz
hhvgoetz, Rechtsanwalt, LL.M.
Experience:  LL.M. in International Trade Law (Newcastle upon Tyne, UK)
48877684

My husbands son lived in germany plus years, he married

Customer Question

My husbands son lived in germany for 20 plus years, he married a German woman and has 2 children. He came to the USA for 2 1/2 year. When he returned he states he lost his Visa because he was out of the Country too long. They sent him back to the States. Can this happen? Thank-you
Category: German Law
Expert:  ratioscripta replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:
(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This is repeated in numerous disclaimers throughout the site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
I am sorry to hear about this situation.
"When he returned he states he lost his Visa because he was out of the Country too long. They sent him back to the States."
I am sorry, I do not quite understand - he lost his US visa and was deported back to Germany? Or, he lost his German visa and was deported back to USA?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
latter
Thank you.
So you mean he lost his German visa and was deported back to USA. Correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct
Thank you. This needs to go into the European Law category. I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other experts in that category.
Your JustAnswer Account has not been charged for this conversation and your question is back in the queue. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should an expert pick it up, you should be alerted via email and/or SMS (text message) unless you actively disable these features.
There is no need for you to reply at this time as this will "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other experts' access to it.
Expert:  hhvgoetz replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this correct.
After 6 months of absence the residencial permit (even if unlimited) experires.
However, if he is planning to live with the German wife in Germany, he will obtain a new visa.
Regards