legal eagle
legal eagle, Attorney
Experience:  20 years of experience in all kinds of law, especially employment law and family law.
44859865

Dear legal eagle, I read a question and help that you gave

Customer Question

Dear legal eagle,

I read a question and help that you gave to another cutomer about Warning letter from Waldorf Frommer about downloaded copyrighted file.

I got the same letter today (10/Oct) asking to send the answer letter till 14/Oct and a bill to pay. I dint send the letter and not payed the bill;.

The solution you gave to the other customers (modified letter and payment of EUR 100), is it needed a lawyer signing together? in other words .. should I contact a lawyer aswell?

I would appreciate if you can review the letter you recommended to others that I fulfilled with my infos:

Diese sieht wie folgt aus:

hiermit verpflichte ich mich

Your Name, Adress etc

rechtverbindlich aber ohne Anerkennung einer Rechtspflicht unter der auflösenden Bedingung einer allgemein verbindlichen , auf Gesetz oder höchstrichterlicher Rechtsprechung beruhender Klärung des zu unterlassenden Verhaltens

gegenüber

Tele München Fernseh GmbH + Co Produktionsgesellschaft

es ab sofort zu unterlassen

Hier das Verhalten nennen ZB urheberrechtlich geschützte Filme der Firma Tele München Fernseh GmbH + Co Produktionsgesellschaft oder Teile davon im Internet öffentlich zugänglich zu machen oder der Oeffentlichkeit zugänglich machen zu lassen

Iron Man 3 (Film)

Für den Fall einer zukünftig eintretenden schuldhaften Verletzung des Unterlassungsversprechens zu einer Vertragsstrafe , deren Höhe die Unterlassungsgläubigerin nach billigem Ermessen bestimmt und die im Bestreitensfall gerichtlich überprüfbar ist.

Ohne Präjudiz und ohne Anerkennung einer Rechtspflicht bezahle ich den Betrag von 100 Euro als pauschalierren Schaden, wie von der Rechtsprechung anerkannt Mit freundlichen

Grüßen

Signature
Ort datum
Category: German Law
Expert:  legal eagle replied 1 year ago.
Dear Customer,

Thank you for coming here.

Yes that is ok

You can send this letter to Waldorf Frommer.

Just do not sign anything they send you.

Also beware of court orders that come from the Mahngericht.

You have to contradict those and send the paperwork back so that it arrives within a fortnight at the Mahngericht.

You contradict by ticking

Ich widerspreche der Forderung insgesamt

And sending the paperwork back to the Mahngericht

I hope I was able to help

Have you got any more questions ?

Please be my guest
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear Claudia,

Thanks for the answer, just to make sure I understood correctly.

So, after I send this letter, Mahngericht will send a court order paperwork and I must tick the "Ich widerspreche der Forderung insgesamt" and send back everything to them, is it right?

The EUR 100 amount I must transfer to the bank account indicated by Waldorf Frommer in the bill, right?

In the original mail it was another question probably you just not realized it. I think I alredy know the answer (Not needed) but just to be at the safe side here it goes: The solution you gave to the other customers (modified letter and payment of EUR 100), is it needed a lawyer signing together? in other words .. should I contact another lawyer office to sign together aswell?

Thanks!

Dear Customer,

Thanks for your response .

The court order is just a possibilty that I wanted you to be prepared for.

You do not need a lawyer for this

The money you transfer to the Waldorf Frommer bank account

If I was able to help

If so I would very much appreciate getting a positive feedback
Dear Customer,

If you have not got any further questions I would really appreciate getting a positive feedback, because otherwise I will not get credit for my work

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear Claudia,

Thanks for the answer.

Just some questions left.

After refusing the court order, what else can they do?

What if they send another unfounded letter? Should I do the same?

PS: After giving you a feed-back, Am I able to clarify further doubts with you?

Regards,

Takanori

Dear Customer

After giving a positive feedback you can always come back here to clarify further problems.

If you contradict the court order they have to file a motion which they will not do as they know they have a very bad standing.

There is nothing else they can do . They cannot force you to pay .

It is very important that you write them the letter asap.

If they send more letters about the same subject just ignore them
legal eagle, Attorney
Experience: 20 years of experience in all kinds of law, especially employment law and family law.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Claudia,

I received another letter with the following content.

Sehr geejreter Herr Terasawa,

nach Angaben unserer Buchaltung war die Zuordnung der letzen Zahlung zu o.g. Akte nur unter erheblichen Schwiergkeiten moglich.

Bitte achten Sie Kunftig exakt auf die unten aufgefuhrten Angaben im Verwendungszweck.

Empfanger: Waldorf Frommer Rechtsanwalte

Kontonummer: 598 410 502

Bankleitzahl: 700 800 00

Bank: Commerzbank (vormals Dresdner Bank)

Verwendungszweck: 13PP140366 Takanori Terasawa

Fall Sie in Ausnahmefallen den Uberweisungstrager manuell ausfullen solten, achten Sie bitte eine gut lesbare Hanschrift.

I payed already the EUR 100,00, is there anything I have to pay additionally?

Regards,

Takanori

Dear Customer,

no they just want you to use the right bank account and the correct refernence number that is what it is all about
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear Claudia,

Now they sent me another letter apparently asking for more EUR 800,00 before 30/Oct.

They attached a letter to sign and send them back.

There is NONE " Mahngericht" mentioned and any option to check.

The court order from Mahngericht is sent by the Mahngericht themselves or it is sent from the Lawyer office? (this letter came from the Waldor Frommer´s office)

What should I do?

Thanks for the help!

Do not pay and stay calm

Relevant letters which require immediate action always come from the courts, in your case the Mahngericht
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So I dont need to send them a answer letter to them, right?

Thanks!

No , there is no need