legal eagle
legal eagle, Attorney
Experience:  20 years of experience in all kinds of law, especially employment law and family law.
44859865

Hi There, My Situation is as follows. English citizen,

Hi There,
My Situation is as follows.

English citizen, single mother of 4 year old. been living in Germany for over 10 years wish to return with child to the U.K. Not marry & never lived with father of child he pay maintenance & has contact to child. I gave him joint custody when we where together.
My Question is what legal document if any do I need from the father in order to move to England without any problems & How much would the document cost?
Category: German Law
Expert:  legal eagle replied 11 months ago.
Dear Customer,

thank you so much for coming here to this site.

If you have joint custody you are not allowed to take up permanent residence in England without the father`s permission.

If you do that all the same the child may be brought back to the father and you may even be in for kidnapping.

You cannot rely on what the father has said to you because you are not going to be able to prove it.

So you need his permission in written form , and it is best to have it notarized.

I however do not know how much the notary takes for that , if at all, it surely depends.

But it could save you a lot of trouble

I hope I was able to help

Have you got any further questions ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Can a Familien Anwalt do the Notary work?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thank you so much for your help

best regards

Christine

Dear Customer.

this depends.

In some parts of Germany there are notaries who are lawyers at the same time.

But if your husband signs a letter from your Familienanwalt you are alright.

It is just a matter of proof, so the father cannot say his signature was forged
Dear Customer,

If I have helped I get credit by your clicking on a laughing face

Thank you so much
legal eagle, Attorney
Experience: 20 years of experience in all kinds of law, especially employment law and family law.