a.merkel
a.merkel, Rechtsanwältin; LL.M. Eur.
Experience:  1.+ 2. Staatsexamen; LL.M.(Master of Law)
35164805

what are the deciding factors for child custody ? I am a US

what are the deciding factors for child custody ? I am a US citizen my husband is german and we are looking at divorce. I would like to move back to the US with the children.
Category: German Law
Expert:  a.merkel replied 1 year ago.

a.merkel :

Dear customer,

a.merkel :

thank you for using justanswer.

a.merkel :

May I ask:

a.merkel :

You currently live in Germany, and will divorced in Germany?

a.merkel :

How old are the kids?

Customer:

yes, I am currently living in Germany and will divorce in Germany. The children are 13 and 9.

a.merkel :

You will first need to apply for sole custody. The father is likely to again speak against it and apply for the residence determination.
The Supreme Court force the welfare of the child in cases emigration.
The main points for decision are:
- the binding strength of the child for each parent
- the relationship continuity
- but also the continuity of the environment (relatives and friends)
- and to consider the suitability of the parent education.

a.merkel :

Also the desire of the child wants to live with whom it is taken into account.

a.merkel, Rechtsanwältin; LL.M. Eur.
Experience: 1.+ 2. Staatsexamen; LL.M.(Master of Law)