legal eagle
legal eagle, Attorney
Experience:  20 years of experience in all kinds of law, especially employment law and family law.
44859865

Hello, I am thinking of filing for separation from my husband.

I am thinking of filing for separation from my husband. We have 2 children. Do I have any right to demand to stay in our house and ask him to move out? I am working part-time and have a decent income. Thanks!
Dear Customer,

Thank you so much for using Just Answer.

Yes you have if it is better for the children to stay in the house or if your husband had been violent or abusive
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is no violence or physical abuse. How can i prove its better for the children? what process would i have to go thru in order to actually get him to leave? The kids are in a local schools in our neighborhood.

Dear Customer,

yes that`s it

You just describe how the kids have got used to their surroundings, they go to school therem have all their friends there ,and they are so traumatized by the separation anyway

Just find a good lawyer , who files the motion for you

Mostly husbands move out on their own because they see that it is far easier for them alone to get a new appartment than for you and 2 kids
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My husband has already told me he won't move out, despite the fact that he is typically gone 2-3 nights a week for work.

Dear Customer,

Not to worry

Just go to a Fachanwalt für Familienrecht , which means he is a family law expert and let him file the motion for you.

In German Law children always come first and if it is better for them to stay in the house the motion will be granted

I hope I was able to help

If so I would very much appreciate getting a positive feedback

Thank you