legal eagle
legal eagle, Attorney
Experience:  20 years of experience in all kinds of law, especially employment law and family law.

Would signing a temporary custody/visitation arrangement with

Would signing a temporary custody/visitation arrangement with my 3 year old son's father
jeopardize me having sole custody? I have the German sole custody but we are in Italy on vacation with the father's son and he is demanding I sign something saying he can pick up my son in the United States after my son and I go there for 3 months. I have no other way to leave peacefully unless I sign something with the father. Please help!
Dear Customer,

Thank you so much for coming here to this site

No, your sole custody is not in jeopardy.

Custody and visiting are two different matters altogether .

Only a family court can take away sole custody and in your case there is no reason to do so.

So no need to worry

If I have helped I would be very happy to get a positive feedback

Thank you
Dear Customer,

Have you got any further questions?

Please be my guest

If not I would very much appreciate getting a positive feedback because this is how I get credit

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Just want to make sure, can any wording on our agreement change the sorgerrecht/sole custody, I don't want to make any mistakes.

Also if this contract is signed under duress is it difficult to prove in court that it is not valid, since signed under duress?
Dear Customer,

Custody is not at the parents' disposition

Only a court order can take sole custody away from you .

So regardless under which circumstances the agreement was signed it does not affect your legal position