How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legal eagle Your Own Question
legal eagle
legal eagle, Attorney
Category: German Law
Satisfied Customers: 16237
Experience:  20 years of experience in all kinds of law, especially employment law and family law.
Type Your German Law Question Here...
legal eagle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Respected Sir/Madam, I am Hari from INDIA. I have done a fund

This answer was rated:

Respected Sir/Madam,
I am Hari from INDIA. I have done a fund transaction to a person in USA from Germany for purchase of product on trust. Now i am afraid that i have been cheated after the fund transaction.
Should i have to file a complaint in Germany or back in my home country INDIA at USA embassy?

Kindly support me proceeding in right way.
Thanks and regards,
Dear Customer,

may I ask

From whom did you purchase the product ?

A person in Germany or in the US ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Seller posted his product in webpage, After intial payment the seller intimated that he is in USA and can ship it to Germany in 2 working days.

But the seller agreed to send the package only after full payment. Hence full payment is done towards the seller in WESTERN UNION money transfer to receive the package.

Till this point only mail conversation was there between us. After the payments there is no response for mails or calls from this seller.

I am afraid that i have been cheated.

As per my understanding this seller is resident of USA uses this webportal to sell the product. Dont know if i am one of the fooled persons.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
only further questions are asked to answer.expect the answer immediately.
Dear Customer,

thank you for your patience.

As I have a law - firm I have other clients who demand my services as well

First of all I would advice you to contact the person responsible for the seller`s website.

Many of these portals have a money back guarantee.

At the same time you should request being given the seller´s full name and address , so you can proceed him through the US police

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Respected Madam,


Thanks for your reply.


Payment to the seller was not done using portal transfer instead it was done by the buyer itself through western union so I guess money back option is not available.


I have requested portal admin for seller information. The response from the admin was to produce a warrent to provide such seller information.


Possibility are that if the seller is really a cheat then the information given in the portal could be faulty information. Hence hesitating to get a warrant to provide such information.


Also from your last response you have specified that i have to report to US police. How is it possible to do that from Germany?


The worst part is i am flying back to INDIA by this month.


Could you please help me in this?


Thank you from bottom of my heart for spending your valuable time towards my queries along with the people who are in need of your help.


Awaiting for your feedback.






Dear Customer,

it really sounds like the portal itself is part of the cheat, because of course you cannot get a warrant if you do not know the name.

So if the portal is German and unwilling to help as it seems to be the case the thing I would recommend is to report to the German police

You cannot report anything to the US police if you do not habve a name

Instead report the portal to the German police

They might be able to help
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

To re-frame my last reply, The admin of the portal is ready to give the information of the seller, provided i have to get a warrant from the court and issue the same to the portal admin.


Even if i get the warrant from the court to acquire the seller information given by the seller in the portal, my assumption is that seller might have provided fake information about his identity to register himself in the portal. So acquiring information from portal about the seller might not be correct information also.


Nevertheless, Fund transaction to the seller was done using WESTERN UNION money transfer.

Fund receiver must declare his identity (government approved proof like passport) to the western union while collecting the fund.


I have seller name, his address and his contact number which was given by the seller himself for transfer of fund to him. These details were used to send the fund.


I hope the address information and name should be matching with the information used during fund transaction in the WESTERN UNION else the seller would not be able to collect the fund.


If i assume the name and address of the seller are not fake (i mean the information used to send fund at western union) then i guess i can file a complain against the seller.


but that filing a complain should be done with US police only?

If YES, can it be done in Germany itself?




Dear Customer,

if you have the sellers ID I would recommend filing a complaint with the police in the town where he has taken up residence
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is there any way to do that from here in Germany?

or should i have to contact the US embassy in Germany.

Dear Customer,

you need to find out the Sheriff´s department in the town of his residence and write to them
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Will mails or reports to sheriff department be considered as filling a complaint?


Does it require the person himself to be at the police department of that place? If yes, that will not be possible.


Can i file it with Germany police for a US resident and move the complain with help of US embassy at germany?

Dear Customer,

of course you do not need to be present

You can turn to police in Germany , they will know what to do

If I have helped I would very much appreciate getting a positive feedback

Thank you
legal eagle and other German Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Respected Madam,

To file a complain with police department at germany, Could you please let me know what all documents or details needed?

Could you please also say me how much is the fee I have to pay for filing a complaint? If i have to pay.

Awaiting for your response.

Dear Customer,

you do not have to pay anything, it´s free

You need all the documents that prove that you placed an order, paid the money and did not get anything in return