legal eagle
legal eagle, Attorney
Experience:  20 years of experience in all kinds of law, especially employment law and family law.

Good day, I was pulled over in a roadblock 5 days ago for DUI.

Good day, I was pulled over in a roadblock 5 days ago for DUI. My first court date is in July 2014. I have to travel to Brazil, US (I have a 10 year visa already), Austria and Germany in the nnext 5 months. Will I be able to get a visa for Austria and Germany with this pending DUI
Dear Customer,

thank you for using Just Answer.

As it is only pending and everybody is presumed innocent until proved otherwise a pending DUI is no problem
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your prompt response. Just to clarify then, the fact that I have paid bail and had fingerprints taken etc will not effect this? I have spoken to an attorney who told me that sometimes the German Consulate will deny the visa as a result of this pending DUI?

Dear Customer,

normally this should not be the case especially because DUI is not a serious offense

In your case you are needed for the court case as well

So you should be alright

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. I am just not sure what you mean by "you are needed for the court case as well"? How does this effect me?

Dear Customer,

oh this is in 2014, sorry my fault

Very unusual such a long time for a court appearance

But you should be alright as this is Europe and not the US where they are much stricter
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your assistance

Yiu are very much welcome
Dear Customer,

if I have helped I would very much appreciate getting a positive feedback

Thank you so much