hhvgoetz
hhvgoetz, Rechtsanwalt, LL.M.
Experience:  LL.M. in International Trade Law (Newcastle upon Tyne, UK)
48877684

I have been caught stealing from a supermarket fish worth 12€.

I have been caught stealing from a supermarket fish worth 12€. I also stole last week fish, maybe not more than 3-4 times. They are accusing me of stealing 3 x a week as I go to this supermarket 2-3 x a week. The police was called and they will send me a notice for the witness, the salesman,and me to go the police station at a given time. The manager of the supermarket is bent on filing a case against me on the basis of their presumption that I steal 3x a week. But in all honesty, I have done this only 3-4x. Do I need a lawyer, please help me.

I think you will need a lawyer in order not to get a very high fine. Don't make any declaration before police without talking to a lawyer. You do not need to go there. You can cancel the hearing and ask your lawyer to do the declaration in written. Then, you can consider without pressure the best way to put things and how to prove that you haven't been steeling regularly 3x per week.

The money will be well invested. Talk about the costs of the lawyer beforehand. The cheapest way is the remuneration by law. Extra remuneration agreements will be more expensive. The final cost will depend on the way the process is terminated (before court, outside court, termination with fine, verdict).

Calculate around(NNN) NNN-NNNNEuros for the lawyer.

Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for the quick answer....what is the worst scenario, will I go to trial and go to jail?

If you have no criminal record you will not go to jail but may get an important fine for than 90 day's salaries (Tagessätze) which will be registered in your public criminal record. You will go to trial if you do not appeal to the offer from the state attorney (Strafbefehl). Going to court not necessarily is a disadvantage because your case is looked at with more detail.

Thus, you should try to obtain a lower fine.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you

You're welcome, please do not forget to rate my answer.

Regards