a.merkel
a.merkel, Rechtsanwältin; LL.M. Eur.
Experience:  1.+ 2. Staatsexamen; LL.M.(Master of Law)

Im looking for a lawyer to help my Japanese fiancee get a

I'm looking for a lawyer to help my Japanese fiancee get a visa that will allow her to stay past her current working holiday visa that ends March 2014. I am here under SOFA status and live near Kaiserslautern. We plan to marry after my deployment which ends in July 2014, so we need something that will last for her to stay until I get back and can get through the marriage process. She was thinking of starting up a catering service for Japanese food and get a freelance visa, but we're unsure if this is the best route, and if so, how to go about it.
Category: German Law
Expert:  legal eagle replied 1 year ago.
Dear Customer,

thannk you so muxh for using Just Answer

Did you expect to find a lawyer here or do you want a recommandation ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

A recommendation would be nice, but mostly I am just looking for information on the matter on the best way to approach this. Perhaps information on the freelance visa and other visa options, and what the best route to take is.

Expert:  a.merkel replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

thank you for using Just Answer.

Applying for a freelance visa is a relatively easy way to obtain a residence permit and to work (freelance).
Another possibility would be that you are getting married before the expiry of the visa. This option is eliminated because you want to get married after the July 2014 an the Visa will end in March.

Please note: Regardless of whether it is a separate visa or a visa based on marriage. Make the request for change of visa before expiry of the currently valid visa. Then you are not expelled until a decision of the stay purpose/granting a new visa.

I hope I was able to help..

I am here to help you and I ONLY get paid if you rate me positively AFTER I answer you. Thank you!

Best regards,

Anja Merkel, LL.M.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I appreciate the answer.

It is good to know we are looking at the correct visa.

How would we go about getting this visa, though? As you said, we need to get it done before the other one runs out, so we want to start as early as possible.

Expert:  a.merkel replied 1 year ago.
The visa application, you should make as late as possible so that you benefit from the processing time ( for you extended right of residence). 3 or 4 weeks before is enough.
However, start to prepare everything as early as possible, i.e. that you can submit all the documents in the visaapplication. among others, you will need a plausible business plan, Financing for the freelance.

If no further questions: I invite you to positive assessment. Simply click on the appropriate smiley. Thank you very much.
Expert:  a.merkel replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

have you got any further questions ?

Please be my guest.

If not I would very much appreciate getting positive feedback

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What types of documents are needed? I've looked on the internet and seen a lot of different answers for people who supposedly got one, but nothing I can confirm as correct except the obvious passport and registration form and where would we submit them to?

That's what I'm looking for before the closeout (w/ positive feedback).

Thanks.

Expert:  a.merkel replied 1 year ago.
All documents for the residence permit:
completed application form for a residence permit
valid national passport;
a biometric photograph that conforms to the guidelines for passport photos under German law;
Keep evidence (is the livelihoods from whatever means supported?);
as well as the documents may in addition required by the staff of the immigration authorities.

Documents related to the (intended) purpose of residence;
plausible business plan, Financing for the freelance,

a.merkel, Rechtsanwältin; LL.M. Eur.
Experience: 1.+ 2. Staatsexamen; LL.M.(Master of Law)