legal eagle
legal eagle, Attorney
Experience:  20 years of experience in all kinds of law, especially employment law and family law.

I am a german citizen, living in Spain. My american husband

I am a german citizen, living in Spain. My american husband has had an unbefristete Aufenthaltserlaubnis since the 1970s. We have not lived in Germany for some time and want to return . Is my husbands Aufenthaltserlaubnis still valid? Hilke Skulima
Dear Customer,

Thank you so much for using Just Answer

My name isXXXXX and I am very happy to assist you today.

Until the year 2005 there was the possibilty of the unbefristete Aufenthaltserlaubnis ( according to Ausländergesetz) which since then has been replaced by the Niederlassungserlaubnis ( according to Aufenthaltsgesetz)

So your husband still has to apply for a Niederlassungserlaubnis

I hope I was able to help

Should you have any more questions please do not hesitate to ask

Dear Customer,if your husband has already a Niederlassungserlaubnis for the EU this may extend to Germany as wellHave you got any further questions?Please be my guest If your question is answered I would very much appreciate getting positive feedbackThank you so much