DirkBettinger, Rechtsanwalt
Experience:  2. Staatsexamen

If a person in Germany was to publish a book with someone elses

Customer Question

If a person in Germany was to publish a book with someone elses name on the book after it has been assigned to them does it make a difference that the laws are in germany? Can a person sue under Passing off under tort law or Unconscionable conduct? If they sell the book to them for a small price and the persons name wasnt on the book do they still have the right to publish? Does employer still own copyright? And can a person claim royalties?
Category: German Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i am happy to wait another day if that gives you enough time.

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Jeannie,

We will look for a legal professional for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the answer does not have to be very detailed.

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on a professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Could I cancel this question, as I wasn't aware I would be waiting this long, sorry about the inconvenience, thankyou for trying to help.