legal eagle
legal eagle, Attorney
Experience:  20 years of experience in all kinds of law, especially employment law and family law.
44859865

Is there any news on me enquiry as to obtaining a copy of my

Customer Question

Is there any news on me enquiry as to obtaining a copy of my divorce decree from Nurnberg Germany as yet?
Category: German Law
Expert:  legal eagle replied 1 year ago.
Dear Customer,

as you have been divorced a very long time ago I do not think the Amtsgericht Nuernberg has any files from that time.

If you givrpe me your name, address and the case number XXXXX could make enquiries for you on the condition that this answer is rated positive because making enquiries is not what Just Answer is for and therefore extra work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have the case number XXXXX as this divorce took place so long ago. I however can give you my name, my ex husbands name and not much else. My name was Gilda Helen le Roux (South African citizen)and my husband was Reinhard Dankert when we married in Nurnberg and at that time we lived in Furth. I dont remember our home address or such like at all. We got divorced in 1972 if I remember correctly. If you could possibly find some record of this divorce I would be so grateful as my German speach is no longer what it was and I have great difficulty communicating with the Authorities. I am hoping to marry an Australian national in Australia and obviously need a copy of my divorce decree. Unfortunately that is all the information I have.
Dear Cusgomer,

I would need more informations than that, like dob, address at the time.

Also I have to be sure that these extra sercives are paid regardless of the outcome which I cannot promise

So it would be very nicd to get a positive rating before I make enquiries
legal eagle, Attorney
Experience: 20 years of experience in all kinds of law, especially employment law and family law.
I shall phone to Family Law Court Nuremberg on Tuesday and make enquiries about how long they keep their files
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THAKJ YOU VERY MUCH

Lets hope they keep the old files in the attic somewhere

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My date of birth is 31st March 1950. I lived in Nurnberg at the time of divorce but cant remember the address. It was in the altstadt if I remember correctly. It was just so long ago that I dont have much more to offer than that. I know we got married in September 1969 or 1970.I really appreciate your efforts to help me. Ich bin sehr dankbaar.
Dear Customer,

I see what I can do
legal eagle, Attorney
dear Custoer,

hou have rated me twice so I get paid 58 $

Please telll me if that was your intention as an extra payment for my services or if it was not intended you get half of your money back

thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It wa not my intention to pay twice, so sorry, ca I have the refund? I have as yet had no reply whether the Courts have a copy of my divorce decree as you said you were finding out last week Tuesday. Please can you tell me what the outcome of that query you said you were making was. I am getting really desperate now as I want to get married and dont seem to be able to get a copy of my divorce decree. Thank you for kind attention and I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Dear Customer

I already phoned the court but could not reach anybody

I shall try again tomorrow
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I want to take this opportunity to thank you for your assistance so far, and to say that it is no longer necessary for you to assist me any further as I have solved the problem in the interim. I have the documents I require and can now proceed with my intentions. Thank you for your help and should I be able at any time to refer your services to anyone I will do so without hesitation. Vielen dank Frau Schiessl.

Thank you

I am afraid they would have files either discarded or among thousands of others somewhere in the attic and so it would have been impossible to trace

They have very short office hours so as I had court appearances myself I could not reach any anybody yet

I already reported the fact that you paid double so you should get your money back

Thank you again and my best wishes