How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DirkBettinger Your Own Question
DirkBettinger, Rechtsanwalt
Category: German Law
Satisfied Customers: 131
Experience:  2. Staatsexamen
Type Your German Law Question Here...
DirkBettinger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a South African national I cannot get my divorce decree

Customer Question

I am a South African national
I cannot get my divorce decree papers
Can I marry an Australian citizen without them
Can I sigh sworn affidavits or something along those lines
I have tried to get my papers from my previous marriage and cannot
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: German Law
Expert:  Leon replied 4 years ago.

Good Morning

Thank you for your question. To Introduce myself I am a sydney based Solicitor and will do my best to provide you with relevant information to assist you.

What country did you apply for your divorce? Why are you going through the german embassy to get the decree and not the court?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have tried to get a copy of my divorce decree by writing to the German Authorities from South Africa and have had no success at all. I have also tried to find out which court I was granted a divorce in in Nurnberg Germany without success. I have only an address of the Justizgebaude in Nurnberg and have tried to contact them direct from Australia where I am now, but also without success. I am desperately trying to find more information as my divorce occured in 1969/1970 and honestly I cannot remember exactly which courrt it was except the fact that it was a divorce court then known as the Amtsgericht in the Furtherstrasse in Nurnberg. I am trying also to find the email address of this court to try and email them direct in the hopes that someone can direct me to the correct place to obtain this document. I wish to get married in the next few weeks and am now stumped for any further ideas to obtain my divorce decree copy and am hoping to get an answer or help from some source here in Australia. Can you help or advise me?

Expert:  Leon replied 4 years ago.
Good Morning,

I will have your question transferred to A German Lawyer and hopefully they can assist
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
IS?? there any way that I can marry here in NSW without this decree??

Perhaps by writing an affidavit?? to the effect that I am divorced and cannot get said decree??
There must be some way around this??
I do not want to do anything illegal, and I feel I am not
But merely stating facts

Related German Law Questions