a.merkel
a.merkel, Rechtsanwältin; LL.M. Eur.
Experience:  1.+ 2. Staatsexamen; LL.M.(Master of Law)
35164805

Hallo I know you cant gain german citizenship directly

Hallo I know you can't gain german citizenship directly after adoption in germany if you are 18 years old or older , but can an adopted adult (over 18 years old) gain the german citizenship after staying in germany after adoption for a number of years ? and what are the requirements for adopting and adult in germany(berlin) , and how long it take ? by the way i am exactly 18 years old

and an another question , my friend  want to get in same-sex marriage in berlin but his home country doesn't allow same-sex marriage , can he  get married in berlin with his partner even if his home country doenst allow same-sex marriage(please note his partner is from spain ) ? 

Category: German Law
Expert:  a.merkel replied 1 year ago.

a.merkel :

Dear Customer,

a.merkel :

In such a case, a regular naturalization procedure must be run. That is, apply to the same conditions as for anyone else who applied for German citizenship.

a.merkel :

You have 8 years of uninterrupted live in Germany, you have mastered the German language in speech and writing, you and your family members can cover your living expenses from their own resources, you may have to give up your previous citizenship and you are in possession of a settlement permit and so far have not made punishable.

a.merkel :

Adoption:

a.merkel :

responsible is the Family Court. there is to make the request. required documents are written, notarized applications or notarized consent forms by the following persons:

person accepting
adopted person
Spouse / the adopter
Spouse / the adoptee
for this you will also need an apostille, so official translation. The accepting people must be of age and the adoption must be morally justified.

a.merkel :

This is when a parent-child relationship already existed. However, this is not available when a foreign person to be protected from deportation. Whether the adoption is morally justified, checks the Family Court.

a.merkel :

I am here to help you and I ONLY get paid if you rate me positively AFTER I answer you. So believe me, I will work hard for you to rate me well and bonuses are appreciated. Thank you!

Best regards,

Anja Merkel, LL.M.

Customer:

but can a single man or women adopt an adult (over 18)

and you told me the adoption need to be justified , if the reason is that she loves me and she wants me as her son ,(note that i lived with her for 2 months before) would it be suffisent ?

and if the adoption has been accepted do i have to live with her ?

Customer:

please note that father is died

Customer:

i mean my father is died

a.merkel :

and you told me the adoption need to be justified , if the reason is that she loves me and she wants me as her son ,(note that i lived with her for 2 months before) would it be suffisent ?: this is difficult and as a reason for adoption rather immoral, because a partnership relationship between adults is something other than an adoption between adults. You would need to demonstrate that your relationship is already long as mother-child relationship and not as a pair.

Customer:

i mean she loves me as a son , because i lived with her while i was on a study program ,she was my hostfamily ,and i have no father

a.merkel :

than its like a mother-son relationship.

Customer:

yea , so is that a sufficient reason ?

a.merkel :

have you got any further questions ?

a.merkel :

If not I would very much appreciate getting positive feedback

Thank you

Customer:

you havent answer me !

a.merkel :

?

Customer:

i have asked if my adoption would be accepted if the reason is that she loves me as her son

Customer:

?

a.merkel :

Yes that is a recognized adoption reason.

Customer:

and please provide me with full information about where to apply and the required documents

Customer:

and do i have to live with her after adoption or is it ok to live alone ?

a.merkel :

Please read the given answers!

a.merkel :

Adoption:

11:36 AM

person accepting
adopted person
Spouse / the adopter
Spouse / the adoptee

a.merkel :

and if the adoption has been accepted do i have to live with her ?: no

Customer:

ok ,i will rate you as excellent but i have many questions before

a.merkel :

???

Customer:

i cant find the Family Court adresse in berlin whats its name in german ?

a.merkel :

Wich questions?

Customer:

whats the Family Court department name in german

Customer:

and my friend which to have sam-sex marriage in germany as it is allowed, but his home country doesnt allow it , can he still able to marry ?

Customer:

wish *

a.merkel :

and my friend which to have sam-sex marriage in germany as it is allowed, but his home country doesnt allow it , can he still able to marry ?:

a.merkel :

Yes. But the Homecountry will not accept.

Customer:

yes his home country will not accept it , but would germany accept it , as germany asks for

Certificates of no impediment

Customer:

and his home country will not give him this paper for same-sex marriage , can he marry in germany without this paper

Customer:

?

a.merkel :

This is a normal document for confirmation of marriage ability, ie he is not married in his native country.

a.merkel :

and his home country will not give him this paper for same-sex marriage , can he marry in germany without this paper: NO

a.merkel :

Certificates of no impediment: This is a normal document for confirmation of the capacity to marry, so that he is not married in his native country.

Customer:

but the said they need a Proof of freedom to marry

a.merkel :

Yes, that he is not married now and is free to marrige. for what, if hetro or homo does not matter.

Customer:

oh ok ,
so you told me i need 8 years after adoption to get the citizenship , ive heard it can be reduced to 6 years if im well integrated and can speak german as a native

Customer:

is that true

a.merkel :

but its a con not a must.

a.merkel :

can

Customer:

oh ok , can i change my name and my family name in germany

Customer:

when i get the citizenship

a.merkel :

Please rate the advice positive, before asking new questions.

a.merkel, Rechtsanwältin; LL.M. Eur.
Experience: 1.+ 2. Staatsexamen; LL.M.(Master of Law)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the government here asks for income approval, my friend is a student and he doesnt have job , can he marry his partner from spain , please not his partner is coming to live in germany and he want to marry him ,and also his partner doesnt have a job , can the marry ?

Expert:  a.merkel replied 1 year ago.
He studied in Germany?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

he's studying in germany with a visa and his partner is coming from spain to marry him in germany ,so ?

Expert:  a.merkel replied 1 year ago.
So they will live in europa after the marriage.

Has the German authority suspects that here a marriage for a residence permit is made. Since a residence permit for the EU and the Member States will only be granted if he or his spouse have sufficient income so this will be checked at the request of marriage.

This incomeproof is normal.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

he already has a resident permit in germany and the other guy is spanish ! ??? ???

and the last question , after adoption will i get permanent resident and work permit or a resident permit ? ?????

Expert:  a.merkel replied 1 year ago.
1. Yes, but a residence permit for study and not to live permanently with his husband in Europe and obtain a work permit. Student visas and residence permits for spouses are different and have unterscheidliche conditions. Therefore, the examination of income.

2. No.
An adult adoption does not constitute a right of residence or permit work. This decision was the highest court, the Federal Constitutional Court, judgment of 8 April 1989 (2BvR 1169/84).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok thank you very much

Expert:  a.merkel replied 1 year ago.
I would be very happy if you would honor my extensive consultation with a bonus. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i have already !