legal eagle
legal eagle, Attorney
Experience:  20 years of experience in all kinds of law, especially employment law and family law.

I inherited some property in Germany. I hired a German relative

I inherited some property in Germany. I hired a German relative to sell the property for me with a power of attorney and paid him for his services. He is withholding the final payment because he does not agree with my handling of the money over here in the States. How can I get him to send the rest of the money and close out the accounts over there?

Dear Customer, thank you so much for using Just Answer My name isXXXXX and I am happy to assist you. May I ask; Is the relative by any chance an attorney by profession ?

Dear Customer,

if the answer is yes it woukd be easy just to inform the bar association.

If the answer is no you will have to sue him for the money.

As I expect the sumof money to be more than 5,000 Euro you have to sue before the district court where an attorney is mandatory.

Before suing you have to write to him , and set a certain date by which you expect the money.

It has to be a certain date, for example May 1.

This has something to do with the costs of the lawsuit.

Because writing to him beforehand and setting a fixed date prevents you from having to pay the costs should he recognize your claim

I hope I was able to help

My goal is to give you a satisfactory answer, so if you are not satisfied please to not hesitate to ask
Fear Customrr,

Can I assist you further?

If you are satisfied with my answer I would very much appreciate your clicking on a happy face because this is how I get credit for my work

Thank you