a.merkel
a.merkel, Rechtsanwältin; LL.M. Eur.
Experience:  1.+ 2. Staatsexamen; LL.M.(Master of Law)

Good evening I am a Jordanian citizen aged 52 and was born

Customer Question

Good evening
I am a Jordanian citizen aged 52 and was born in Cairo Egypt. I was married to a German citizen for almost 15 years. (we are 8 years divorced now) and have 3 chidren from her. (23yrs,19yrs, and 13yrs). The youngest lives in cairo with her mother. the eldest is in college in th UK and the middle child lives in Germany in her first year of college. My girls carry the German citizenship.
I was living in saudi arabia since 1983 and left permanently end of 2012 due to medical reaons. I was in germany the first 3 months of 2013 and had 2 major operations one in the heart and the second in the Aorta. I need continouos medical checkups and I am medically insured in Germany with TK since my marriage.
I am interested in permanently residing in germany and opening a business there.. My eldest daughter will begraduating this June and will work with me. I need to return to Germany in June for checkups and will want to immediately open the company and go to a german school as my German is non existent.
I need your help to know how to apply for residency while I am in Germay. Please note that I hold a Schengen visa valid for 4 years.
I hope to hear from you..Thank you and best regards
Category: German Law
Expert:  a.merkel replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

thank you for using Just Answer.

For permanent residence and the operation of a company, you need a settlement permit for Germany.

Prerequisites are 5 years staying in Germany, knowledge of German language, secure income, 60 month payment into the pension, cf. § 9 AufenthG
Easy conditions are, because you have a child in Germany, 3 years residence in Germany, simple knowledge of German and there is no proof to the pension. However, the living must be secured without social security benefits.

You write that you have a Schengen visa for four years. If this is a so-called long-term resident-EG visa, syou can change in a long term in Germany-Visa. Also, you could request a national permanent residence visa on the basis of this visa.
However, do you have a permanent residence visa for an another EU country, you can request a permanent residence for Germany. You must demonstrate that you have a sufficient health insurance coverage (you have) and secure your livelihood. you must also specify and that you will do your own business and show that you have the financial power to do that.

Your non-existent knowledge of German Language represent the biggest obstacle at the moment. You must prove that knowlegde at the moment you ask for the permant redsidence.

I hope I was able to help.

I am here to help you and I ONLY get paid if you rate me positively AFTER I answer you. Thank you!

Best regards,

Anja Merkel, LL.M.

Expert:  a.merkel replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

have you got any further questions ?

Please be my guest.

If not I would very much appreciate getting positive feedback

Thank you

Expert:  a.merkel replied 1 year ago.
Dear Customer,

have you got any further questions ?

may I help?

Please be my guest.

If not I would very much appreciate getting positive feedback.

Thank you!!!
Expert:  a.merkel replied 1 year ago.
Dear Customer,

I would very much appreciate getting positive feedback for the read answer.

I ONLY get paid if you rate me positively AFTER I answer you.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Anja Merkel, LL.M.