hhvgoetz, Rechtsanwalt, LL.M.
Experience:  LL.M. in International Trade Law (Newcastle upon Tyne, UK)

Hi there, I lived with my partner for 13 years in Germany(cologne)

Hi there, I lived with my partner for 13 years in Germany(cologne) . Sadly he passed away last week. Do I have any rights on his belongings or his car or his house? many thanks.

Hi, if you haven't been married with him and he did not state anything in his last will (testament), you don't have any rights.

Try to find out whether there is a testament in his belongings or if a testament can be found at the local court (Amtsgericht / Nachlassgericht).

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

His car is still in my garage. What should I do with his car. He used to say this car is yours if something happened because it's been here in your garage. Regards

If there are still relatives and the get to know about the car they can claim the car or indemnification if you sell it.