legal eagle
legal eagle, Attorney
Experience:  More than 18 years of experience practicing law.

Hello,I want to know what should I do about a situation that

Customer Question

I want to know what should I do about a situation that happen with both my sons from on of their cousin that was age 10. I am living in Germany, and this cousin sexual abuse my 2 sons 2 years ago. It is hard for me to report this at the time, because it was one of my wife family member. Please let me know what I should do about this. I am an American citizen.
Category: German Law
Expert:  legal eagle replied 1 year ago.

legal eagle :

Dear Customer,

legal eagle :

thank you so much for using Just Answer.

legal eagle :

This is not a very nice situation for you and I can understand that you are torn between the responsabilty for your sons and the wish not to hurt anybody

legal eagle :

Do I understand correctly: the cousin was 10 years of age ? He did abuse them at such a yoing age ?

Customer :

yes

legal eagle :

As the kid is so young he cannot be punished for what he did

legal eagle :

If you are sure, if you are really sure you should report it to the Jugendamt.

Customer :

my kids were 5 and 6. and the youngest one came to my wife and i and told us

legal eagle :

Maybe the kid needs psychological treatment of some kind

Customer :

my wife and I argue about this all the time, because I do not want them around this kid anymore and she want me to just let it go

legal eagle :

Ok whether the accusations are true or not would have to be verified with a psychological expertise.

Customer :

the kid that did this, even told us he did it

legal eagle :

But safety comes first I would not let my hildren alone with this kid anymore

legal eagle :

This is very strange indeed.

Customer :

it is my wife sister son

Customer :

so germany will not do anything about this

legal eagle :

No matter how he is related to you at age ten he should have an inkling of what is rieght and what is wrong

Customer :

he know what he was doing, because if my son did not tell us, he would keep on doing it

Customer :

that is how i feel

legal eagle :

If you are sure I would report it to the parents and maybe to the Jugendamt so they can find some kind of treatment for him , maybe find out what kind of problem he has

legal eagle :

No , something has to be done

Customer :

the parents know and did nothing

legal eagle :

Maybe your kids are not the only ones...

legal eagle :

I would strongly recommend reporting it to the Jugendamt

Customer :

is that the police

Customer :

i don't speak german

legal eagle :

Ah Jugendamt you mean. Just a sec I am lokking for the translation

legal eagle :

Youth welfare service

legal eagle :

Every city has one

Customer :

so that is the law in german

legal eagle :

Yes . No punishment until they are 14 years of age

legal eagle :

Dear Customer,

legal eagle :

is a positive rating possible ?

legal eagle :

This is how I get credit

Customer :

how do i rate this

Customer :

i am ready to rate this

legal eagle :

Now it is possible

legal eagle :

Please remember that you rate my service for you and not whether the answer is what you want it to be

legal eagle :

Thanks

legal eagle :

Dear Customer,

legal eagle :

you have rated this a poor service. May I know the reason why

legal eagle :

I can only tell you the legal situation

Dear Customer.

according to German Law 14 is the age of criminal responsibility.

This is stated in § 19 STGB ( Criminal Law)

Before that age the only possibilty are care orders.

I am here for you on a Saturday I do not deserve a poor rating because of a legal situation that I cannot change

I am only the messenger of a message that is not what you wanted to hear and I am sorry for that but it is not my fault

I am very unhappy with the rating you gave me and it affects my overall rating

So please could you at least rate me an ok service

I would be grateful for that

Thank you

Dear Customer,

I would very much like to help you so that you are happy with the service I have provided