DirkBettinger, Rechtsanwalt
Experience:  2. Staatsexamen

Hello, Im looking to clear my record in Germany. I dont

Customer Question

I'm looking to clear my record in Germany. I don't remember pleading guilty as a juvenile in a case there but It turns out that something comes up on my record that states that I did. I'm trying to get Global Entry as a pilot and this is has really become a problem. Is this something that you could do to help clear this up?

Category: German Law
Expert:  legal eagle replied 3 years ago.
Dead Customer,

Thank you so much for using Just Answer.

Gould you gibe me some details please
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I was in Frankfurt Main in 1994 when I was 20 and I was with my older boyfriend he time. He tricked me into carrying pills that turned out to be drugs and I was caught with them at the airport. He left me there and I stayed 5.5 months in jail, waiting for a hearing. my dad came to get me and the judge released me. I've never understood the charges but later in life when I tried to go back to an EU country, I was denied until I wrote a letter and allowed a certain amount of time to pass. I'm a pilot now and I travel for work. My employer informed me that while doing a background check, something showed a conviction in Germany which states that I plead guilty to charges. This needs to be addressed and expunged if possible. I was unaware, scared, angry but never plead guilty to what happened as I recall.
Dear Customer,

have you got a case number or something ?

Because how long a conviction stays in the records depends on the conviction ( probation, monetary fine )

Have you ever looked into your certificate of conduct ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I don't have anything, how do I get this?
Dear Customer,

I once had a customer like you with the exact same problem.

Have you got any paperwork ?

Any information about when and where the trial took place ?