legal eagle
legal eagle, Attorney
Experience:  20 years of experience in all kinds of law, especially employment law and family law.

my wifes father is mexican, my wife is mexican too. My wifes

my wife's father is mexican, my wife is mexican too.
My wife's father got married with a German woman in Mexico few years ago.

I am mexican, I live in the USA and I will go to Germany to work for a German company starting april 1st.

Is there a way that my wife and my family get a German passport because of my wife's father marriage with a German woman?

Dear Customer,

thank you so much for using Just Answer.

I am afraid the answer is no

Since 1975 German nationality is acquired by birth if either the father or the mother was a German national at this time.

So you are only eligible for German nationality if at the time of your birth either your father or your mother were German nationals.

If this is not the case the only possibilty is being naturalized which requires living in Germany for 8 years

I am very sorry

If your question is answered I would very much appreciate getting positive feedback

Thank you so much
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok, I really appreciate your input.

Any other way that this can help us get a permanent residence? or other way this can help us at all?

Dear Customer, I am afraid this is not going to help you So you would have to got through the process of naturalization I am sorry to be the bearer of such bad news All the same I would appreciate being given positive feedback

Thank you