DirkBettinger
DirkBettinger, Rechtsanwalt
Experience:  2. Staatsexamen
31778273

i have a x girlfriend that got pregnant moved to Germany 16

Customer Question

i have a x girlfriend that got pregnant moved to Germany 16 years ago where she was from, had my alleged baby and today my local court in Murphy NC will enforce a German order for me to pay her back child support and current both of which are above my means for payment. I have no right to this kid what so ever and have only seen him one day as a baby so she could take pictures of us to use in court and once as a 15 year old. I can not find an attorney in this area or close that knows or practices German law. What should I do?? court in 2 hours.
Category: German Law
Expert:  legal eagle replied 1 year ago.

legal eagle :

Dear Customer,

legal eagle :

where are you I mean which city ?

legal eagle :

Where would the lawyer have to be?

Customer :

Murphy NC 28901

legal eagle :

Ok and where is the city the kid lives ?

legal eagle :

Hello to North Carolina, by the way

legal eagle :

Normally you would have the right to visitation and the right to get personal information like photos , school reports and things.

legal eagle :

If you are not granted these rights you can file a motion

Customer :

ubstsat Germany

Customer :

not sure how to spell german city

Customer :

Normally as an american citizen i should have right to court here in us

legal eagle :

Have you got any paperwork with the name on it ? Because I have not got a clue

Customer :

eschellbron

legal eagle :

Oh no. According to German Law the jurisdisdiction is where the child is

Customer :

yes but why am i subject to german law

legal eagle :

So the court is where the child lives regardless of citizenship

Customer :

i never worked or lived there

legal eagle :

That is because you are the German kid`s father.

Customer :

according to mother no dna

legal eagle :

The jursidiction is in Germany and if a court order gets released they are going to send that to the US and have it acknowledged so they can execute from that

Customer :

yes I already know all this thats what the courts told me and they also said if i want to contest i have to do it in Germany

Customer :

what if Iran orders me to be be headed are they going to enforce it also

legal eagle :

Have you acknowledged the child in any way or why are you considerd as the father ?

Customer :

because I never had dna they said i refused

legal eagle :

If you want to contest you have to do it within 2 years time.

Customer :

they served me at an old adress years ago and i found out a couple months ago

legal eagle :

Yes, you have to contest

Customer :

contest to who

legal eagle :

The 2 years are the absolute deadline. " years from the time on you know about the child

legal eagle :

Contest before family court

Customer :

not here I already tried

legal eagle :

No not here. Jurisdiction is whree the child resides

legal eagle :

Has to be in Germany

Customer :

yes that is bs she was pregnant in usa and was not monogamous

Customer :

she lived and moved there to have baby

legal eagle :

All the more reason to contest

Customer :

today is court here?

legal eagle :

Here in the US ?

Customer :

yes

legal eagle :

You need a lawyer in the US not in Germany

Customer :

yes i know i live in murphy Nc there are NO lawers that know german law

Customer :

podunk hillbilly town

legal eagle :

Oh I see. You know I know German Law but I am here in Germany so I cannot help you.

Customer :

there payment is more than i make

legal eagle :

German family law is also a bit special so there are not many US lawyers who have that knowledge.

Customer :

un employeed and injured

legal eagle :

Yes in orde to escape payment you have to contest

Customer :

so i am screwed

Customer :

thanks bye

legal eagle :

Talk to u later got a client sitting in the conference room