a.merkel
a.merkel, Rechtsanwältin; LL.M. Eur.
Experience:  1.+ 2. Staatsexamen; LL.M.(Master of Law)
35164805

I have been employed as senior management in a German company

I have been employed as senior management in a German company for over 1 year. I have 3 months notice to give when resigning. I resigned at the beginning of March, the company agreed to release me at the end of the month and permit me 2 months garden leave. They are now refusing to pay my full resignation period of 3 months as they consider they need only pay March's salary as they are releasing me early (which was their decision). Is this legally correct?
Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Wendy

Dear Customer,

thank you for using Just Answer.

The salary must be paid until the end of your employment contract, so including the period of notice.
Did You and the Company mutually agreed ,that your employment in end of March is finished, then a payment is only until the end of March.

I hope I was able to help.

I am here to help you and I ONLY get paid if you rate me positively AFTER I answer you. Thank you!

Best regards,

Anja Merkel, LL.M.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you; I suggested "garden leave" of 2 months as I work in an environment of confidentiality and did not consider it ethical to remain in work. The final date of end of March was decided by the company and I agreed, understanding that I would still be paid the full 3 months notice.

Dear Customer,

thank you for you further question.

your salary is payable until the final date, end of march, as both sides agree.
Further payments (after march) are only payable as provable agreed.
a.merkel, Rechtsanwältin; LL.M. Eur.
Experience: 1.+ 2. Staatsexamen; LL.M.(Master of Law)

Dear Customer,

have you got any further questions ?

Please be my guest.

If not I would very much appreciate getting positive feedback.

Thank you!