a.merkel
a.merkel, Rechtsanwältin; LL.M. Eur.
Experience:  1.+ 2. Staatsexamen; LL.M.(Master of Law)
35164805

For a Non-Disclosure Agreement, is German law better than French

For a Non-Disclosure Agreement, is German law better than French law?
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Dear Customer,

thank you for using Just Answer.

For a pure non-disclosure agreement, it doesn't matter whether German or French law is preferable, because the secrecy agreement is freedom of contract.

The difficulty is to create the contract as tailored as possible, because each case raises specific technical, economic and legal issues.

License agreements in the area of copyright law is French law to prefer, because there the author is generally preferred. This applies also to designs because whatever copyrights associated with designs in France.

I hope I was able to help.

I am here to help you and I ONLY get paid if you rate me positively AFTER I answer you. Thank you!

Best regards,

Anja Merkel, LL.M.

a.merkel, Rechtsanwältin; LL.M. Eur.
Experience: 1.+ 2. Staatsexamen; LL.M.(Master of Law)
Dear Customer,

have you got any further questions?
Please be my guest.

If not I would very much appreciate getting positive feedback.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Is this true also for intellectual property that French law would be preferred over German law for a non-dsiclosure agreement?