legal eagle
legal eagle, Attorney
Experience:  20 years of experience in all kinds of law, especially employment law and family law.
44859865

At the airport in Dusseldorf my carry on bag was stolen, Saturday

At the airport in Dusseldorf my carry on bag was stolen, Saturday 26th of January 2013.
I am AA Gold member, and while I was checking in at the Air Berlin Priority lane counter my carry on bag was stolen,
Two Air Berlin check in agents told the police they saw two guys behind me who took my bag.
Why they did not warn me or trying to stop them? Why Air Berlin did not have security agent at Priority lane?
Why security video cameras did not work at that time?
not enough space to write

legal eagle :

Dear Customer,

legal eagle :

I am very sorry that your bag was stolen.

legal eagle :

I would advice you to complain to Air Berlin about the check in agents who saw it happen and did not say anything tp help prevent the theft which is just incredible.

legal eagle :

You can file a lawsuit but just for the worth of your stolen property.

legal eagle :

Alas there is no compensation for suffering and pain because the damage has to be payable in money.

legal eagle :

I hope I was able to help

Dear Customer,

have you got any further questions ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can I file lawsuit in USA? or has to be in Germany?

Dear Customer, as the incident happenend in Germany and Air Berlin are German-based the lawsuit would have to be in Germany.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how I can find lawyers to file a lawsuit against Air Berlin?

Dear Customer,

I´d recommend to write them a letter first , telling them what has happened and how much your exact dmage was.

No use to file a lasuit without writing a letter frist as you may have to pay the costs of the lawsuit if you file it right away wiithout writing a letter first