DirkBettinger
DirkBettinger, Rechtsanwalt
Experience:  2. Staatsexamen

Hi, I am forming an online buisness as an independant travel

Customer Question

I am forming an online buisness as an independant travel agent. I am not a travel agency but rather have an affilate connection with online travel websites and getting commision from each sale. My traget audience is the Israeli market and my specialty is travel packages for music concerts and fetivals in europe.
I am located in Germany in munich and would like to apply for a UG company here. My question is regarding the legality of ticket selling in munich, and in europe in general. Meaning, is it legal for me to purchase in advance tickets to concerts and then resell them in travel package? Is it legal for me to resell the tickets buy themself if i get stuck with tickets? I think i am seeking help from a lawyer that specializes in this field.
Should i get any special certification for it? Like be an authorized ticket broker? Should i get a concent from the concert promoter? How does it work?
Another example is sellers of tickets for concert and football events on ebay in Germany i see they have valid companies, is it legal for them to resell their goods on ebay or any ticket brokers platform?
In additiondo i need special premmisions to open such a company in Germany? For example to be a member of the IATA? Or can i as a person who dont have a formal education in the field, sell travel packages? Should i for example consider forming the company as an off shore company in case you see to many legal constraints here?
Category: German Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am fine with waiting. I a gree i need someone who is a professional in the field of travel and tickets for events regulation in Germany and Bavaria in particular. In the answer please also refer to the alternavie solutions i can apply (in terms of where and how to form the company).

Thanks.
How long do you think it would take?
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello Amos,

Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.
Expert:  wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question.

We appreciate your understanding!

Wendy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Weny,
I have already told your partner, I have no problem to wait ( a reasnoble time) for the answer. As long as it is a detailed one from a specialist in the area.

thanks
Expert:  wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you again for your patience. We just want to check in to make sure you're still willing to wait. We will continue our search.

Regards,
Wendy
Expert:  wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.

Please understand that it’s rare when we cannot find the right Professional . Nevertheless, because you are entitled to your money back with no questions asked, we will process your refund immediately, upon your request. Please accept our sincere apology. We hope you’ll think of us again when the need arises.

Regards,

Wendy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wendy, as i told you before - i am willing to wait for the answer. Did you cancel the request?
I dont have internet access every day so i am checking the status every other day. Please resume the handeling of the respose.
Or - did you guys gave up, and cant provide me with an answer?
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 1 year ago.

Your question remains open to all German and European legal professinals
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi,

if there is no answer still, i would like to get a refund

Thanks.