a.merkel
a.merkel, Rechtsanwältin; LL.M. Eur.
Experience:  1.+ 2. Staatsexamen; LL.M.(Master of Law)
35164805

I may be going to work in Germany for 18 months, I am a UK

I may be going to work in Germany for 18 months, I am a UK citizen and will be employed and paid from a company based in the Cayman Islands. I was hoping to find out what my Tax implications are in Germany if any???

Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Wendy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Wendy,

I am prepared to wait, no problem.

Regards

S. Hays

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.

Dear Customer,

thank you for using Just Answer.

In § 1 EStG are all natural persons in the territory a resident (§ 8 AO) or habitual residence (§ 9 AO) have the unlimited income tax liability. Therfore its not nessessary have a german nationality. Unlimited means that the tax on all domestic and foreign revenues in terms of extending from § 2 ABS. 1 EStG (taxation of worldwide income).

Habitual residence means a temporally contiguous stay of more than six months, short-term interruptions shall be disregarded. Therefore, you are considered tax in Germany.

There are Interstate tax treaties to avoid double taxation in the context of a world income.

Between Germany in the Cayman Islands, as well as with GB.

Whether a tax audit of a double taxation agreement at all is important, already depends on whether your employer has a branch in Germany or not.

I hope I was able to help. If so please accept my answer.

Best regards,

Anja Merkel, LL.M.

a.merkel, Rechtsanwältin; LL.M. Eur.
Experience: 1.+ 2. Staatsexamen; LL.M.(Master of Law)