hhvgoetz
hhvgoetz, Rechtsanwalt, LL.M.
Experience:  LL.M. in International Trade Law (Newcastle upon Tyne, UK)
48877684

I have a case of potential infidelity by my partner resulting

I have a case of potential infidelity by my partner resulting possibly in a child which he has expressed indirectly in a cruel way was his but then denies when confronted directly. How may I be able to find out legally with a blood test?

If there is no consent of the potential father to the test, please contact a local lawyer practicing family law (Familienrecht)!

The child is entitled to know his or her real father even when recognized by your partner as his child (the latter is new due to a European court judgment!).

Regards

Sorry it was a judgment of the German constitutional court.

However, if your partner desires officially not to figure anymore as the father the process has to be filed (Vaterschaftsanfechtung) within 2 years from knowing facts that he could not be the real father.

This may have important consequences in social and medical insurance and maintenance for the child and therefore should be considered in all details.

Regards