How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask hhvgoetz Your Own Question
hhvgoetz, Rechtsanwalt, LL.M.
Category: German Law
Satisfied Customers: 2879
Experience:  LL.M. in International Trade Law (Newcastle upon Tyne, UK)
Type Your German Law Question Here...
hhvgoetz is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a case of potential infidelity by my partner resulting

This answer was rated:

I have a case of potential infidelity by my partner resulting possibly in a child which he has expressed indirectly in a cruel way was his but then denies when confronted directly. How may I be able to find out legally with a blood test?

If there is no consent of the potential father to the test, please contact a local lawyer practicing family law (Familienrecht)!


The child is entitled to know his or her real father even when recognized by your partner as his child (the latter is new due to a European court judgment!).



hhvgoetz and other German Law Specialists are ready to help you

Sorry it was a judgment of the German constitutional court.


However, if your partner desires officially not to figure anymore as the father the process has to be filed (Vaterschaftsanfechtung) within 2 years from knowing facts that he could not be the real father.


This may have important consequences in social and medical insurance and maintenance for the child and therefore should be considered in all details.



Related German Law Questions