A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
3157612
Type Your Question Here...

I have a piece of jewelry that has the markings 18k (I know

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hi. What do you want help with?
Customer: i have a piece of jewelry that has the markings 18k (I know it's the gold weight) But there are the initials NH. No design but standard font initials. Do you happen to know what that means?
JA: The Expert will know what to do. Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?
Customer: The bottom of the band is yellow gold and white below setting. It is a 28k emerald cut a ametrine ring
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: General
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 16 days ago.

Welcome to our site and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you today.

"JH" is the trademark for JH Jewelry Company which was in New York. The company started in 1974 and received the trademark in 1990. You can read more about it here:

http://www.trademarkia.com/jh-74127246.html

Kind regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
How about the initials: NH?

Sorry, we can only research one company per question. Once this one is accepted and rated (preferably a "5"), you can ask another question about NH.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
The original question was about the initials NH, not JH. You answered a question I didn't ask

I am so sorry about that. NH was used a mark used by Nussbaum and Hunold (Walter Hunold) in Rhode Island. The patent dates are from the first two decades of the 1900s. The NH symbol has been discontinued.

Again, please accept my apologies.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you

You're so very welcome. Please don't forget the rating.

Thanks!

Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 13 days ago.

This is the rating I was referring to:

Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 12 days ago.

Did you have an additional question about this before rating? If not, please rate since this is the only way we are credited with researching answers to questions.

Thanks!