Michael
Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
70951075
Type Your Question Here...

WE ARE A SMALL GROWING CONSTRUCTION (REMODELING BUSINESS).

WE ARE A SMALL GROWING CONSTRUCTION (REMODELING BUSINESS). WE USE SUBCONTRACTORS TO DO MOST OF OUR SMALL JOBS. WE WANT TO KNOW WHAT PROCESS SHOULD WE USE TO TRACK OUR INVENTORY AND OUR BIG TOOLS CHECK IN AND OUT. I BEEN LOOKING INTO SOFTWARES BUT THEY ALL LOOK COMPLICATED AND EXPENSIVE. I WANT A SIMPLE PROCEDURE TO TRACK ABOUT 10-15 BIG TOOLS, LIKE JACK-HAMMERS AND SUCH, AND HOW TO TRACK INVENTORY ON COMPUTER. I ALREADY TRACK IT BY HAVING A INVENTORY SHEET FOR SUBS WHEN THEY PICK PROJECT FOLDER AND THEY TAKE IT TO WAREHOUSE AND WAREHOUSE GUY OVERLOOKS WHAT THEY ARE TAKING. PLEASE? ANY IDEAS HOW WE CAN BETTER TRACK AND BE BETTER ORGANIZED?

Good afternoon,

Keeping things organized within a small company can be difficult and not using your time management in the best way possible. I went ahead this afternoon to look for easy to use software for small business and are free. Here are some to inquire with further as I believe that these systems can help in getting things organized instead of using a sheet to show warehouse workers.

1. http://www.thecanvus.com/#homePage

2. https://www.inflowinventory.com/

Take care,

Michael

I hope that the items listed above can be of great assistance in getting your inventory organized. If you could also take a quick second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was useful today.

Take care,

Michael