Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
Type Your Question Here...

I have a question about international moving. I want to move

Customer Question

I have a question about international moving. I want to move some furnishings from Lima, Peru to the United States. I am in Peru now. I want to find a good reliable moving company. I have found three so far - Door to Door, Atlas International, and International Air and Sea. Can you recommend any of these? Are there others that you know of?
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: General
Expert:  Michael replied 10 days ago.

Good evening,

All three you listed can do a good job in your move. Just comes down to inquiring about pricing and who can do the job at the best price. Make sure before you decide on a company that these steps are taken:

I have also gone ahead to research one additional company that has received good reviews from customers:

1. International Van Lines:

Hope that your move goes well.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
We talked with three moving companies in Lima. All of the representatives we talked to seemed trustworthy. We are waiting for their proposals. The three companies were Atlas International, Door to Door and Express Transport. We are shipping a small amount of things roughly equal to one and a half rooms. Only Express Transport had FIDI certification. The others were members of other organizations like IAM. FIDI is an ISO certification company and it stricter than the others and they do inspections every five years.
We should have proposals from these companies sometime early this week.
Expert:  Michael replied 4 days ago.

Good to hear that you have three to compare with as each should come in with their bids. Express Transport sounds like the better company right now because of their ISO certification. Review the information I provided above on what to look for when moving as that can also help in making the decision easier.