Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
Type Your Question Here...

FOR EXPERT LIBRARIAN ONLY, could you send me a list of the

Customer Question

FOR EXPERT ***** *****BRARIAN ONLYHello Michael,could you send me a list of the companies that provide third-party car insurance and that allow me to cancel at any time I want? I mean, most companies say you have to keep their services for at least 6 months and I'm looking for one that doesn't have that.Thanks!!!
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: General
Expert:  Michael replied 10 days ago.

Good afternoon, reports that you can cancel any policy when needed:

Auto insurance companies generally give you the right to cancel your policy at any time, as long as you give proper notice. Typically, your entire unused premium will be refunded, though some insurance companies will charge a small fee if you cancel in the middle of the policy term.

Difficult to locate companies since most ask for a 6 month policy to begin with. I have though found some companies that you can look into for coverage:

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hello Michael,thanks for your prompt answer. While I hear back from these companies, could you please send me a list of the 5 cheapest insurance companies in NYC?Thanks!
Expert:  Michael replied 9 days ago.

In terms of the 5 cheapest insurance companies in NYC:

1. Progressive shows up in many listings in various listing

2. Geico the same

3. Travelers

4. State Farm

5. New York Mutual