Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer, Editor, Former teacher
Experience:  Multi-degreed professional, excellent research skills.
18321761
Type Your Question Here...

How can I find out the identity of a girl that scammed me

Customer Question

How can I find out the identity of a girl that scammed me out of 200 us doll
JA: The Expert will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Expert can help you best.
Customer: I have her picture and I have an address and name of someone in the Phillipines who collected the cash
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Expert should know?
Customer: She said she needed the cash to pay for a hotel room I had been speaking to her online for several weeks I have an email address which whoever it was was using to communicate w me
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: General
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 month ago.

I'm Zoey, and I'll be assisting you with your question. Are you online now?

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 month ago.

I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 month ago.

Unfortunately, scammers use completely false contact information deliberately to stay one step ahead of law enforcement. Everything from the scammer's picture down to his computer and email IP address can be faked with today's technology and inexpensive, readily available commercial software.

That means it is easier to find out who your scammer isn't than who she really is. She doesn't have to be in the Philippines at all and she could be anybody, anywhere in the world. She can pick up the money from any Western Union in the world with a phony photo ID and the MCTN number.

Most commonly, romance scammers, no matter who, what or where they say they are, are actually a ring of teenage boys in West Africa.
I can look at the email address and run reverse searches, if you want to give me facts and upload photos, but actually finding your scammer is a job for law enforcement and, if you can afford it, for a private investigator. And because the only information romance scam victims have will turn out to be lies, even when the authorities are involved, the overwhelming number of romance scammers get completely away with their crime.

You need to report the fraud to your police and to Scamwatch.gov.au. If you have the funds, you also would need to hire an international private investigator. JustAnswer is not a detective agency but a general information service. As I indicated, however, I would be willing to look at the information and documents that you have and tell you what, if anything, I can find about your scammer.