Michael
Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
70951075
Type Your Question Here...

I am very sensitive to exposure to fomaldahyde; it effects

I am very sensitive to exposure to fomaldahyde; it effects my skin and lungs. I want to buy clothing without any formaldehyde processing. I understand some countries forbid the use of formaldehyde in clothing. I wish to purchase clothing without formaldehyde. Will you please identify for me which countries forbid the use of formaldehyde in clothing.

Good afternoon,

As for countries that have banned formaldehyde in clothing:

According to the American Apparel & Footwear Association, a national industry trade group, 13 countries have regulations for formaldehyde in apparel and home textiles at some level. These countries are Austria, China, Finland, France, Germany, Japan, Lithuania, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Russia, and South Korea.

I hope the information provided is found helpful in your research on clothing to purchase.

Librarian Michael

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for the list of countries that regulate formaldehyde in clothing; but I need to know which countries, if there are any, that forbid the use of formaldehyde in clothing.

I have continued the research on countries that have a ban in effect:

1. The Netherlands:

http://info.hktdc.com/alert/eu0010.htm

2. Formaldehyde’s use in consumer products has been banned in the European Union

https://www.minnpost.com/second-opinion/2010/12/formaldehyde-still-turning-wrinkle-free-clothing-sheets

I hope the information provided was found useful as if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was useful today.

Take care,

Michael