SlTl
SlTl, Consultant
Experience:  Licensed Contractor and Kitchen and Bath Designer
68915091
Type Your Question Here...

Why is there so much nudity on Pinterest it's really

Customer Question

Why is there so much nudity on Pinterest it's really ridiculous it says you can report a pin but nothing is done about it
Category: General
Expert:  SlTl replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** Contractor and Kitchen and Bath Designer. Welcome to Just Answer, I will be assisting you with your question.

Expert:  SlTl replied 2 months ago.

Just keep reporting the nudity that you find offensive. I guarantee, you're not the only one who's thinking the same thing.

The other thing I would do is, I would write an email to them. I would just tell them my thoughts honestly, and that "you find it disconcerting, unpleasant, and obnoxious in an otherwise enjoyable experience, that it hasn't always been this way, and would they please consider making changes back to the way it was, or you will just have to spend your time on other websites with similar content where they haven't introduced nudity."

Here's where you can go to report your concerns on Facebook: https://help.pinterest.com/en/contact

What I don't understand here is, between you and me, nudity is something that attracts men, not women, and Pinterest fans are mostly women! We would rather find that next best recipe for removing gum from carpet (or whatever our interests are) than we would enjoy seeing someone nude....especially a nude woman! I'm speaking to you as though you are a female, I hope you are, or I need to apologize for assuming something!) I might mention something along those lines to the company as well, that it just doesn't make logical sense to you.

You may have to report your concerns several times to them. But keep in mind that feedback from their audience is how they learn what is working for their viewers and what's not, and they are dependent on your feedback to help them keep their website vital and popular among the people. You're not being an "ugly" person, or complaining just because you like to or have nothing else to do, or that you're a "bad" person for not liking what they've introduced. No! You are offering feedback to them as an audience member, and they want to hear your feedback because it helps them.

If you have additional questions regarding this subject, please feel free to ask. Thank you for using Just Answer as your handy, go-to information resource!

Susan

If you feel I have addressed your concerns, please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; this is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating, will not end our conversation, should you have additional questions surrounding this topic. Simply click on “Reply” to write back and I am happy to continue with no additional charges.

Expert:  SlTl replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry, I meant to say Pinterest not Facebook, oh dear! I sent you the correct link for Pinterest. Thank you!

Expert:  SlTl replied 1 month ago.

Was I helpful to you in resolving your issue? If you have no further questions, please be so kind to take the time and rate my answer. Thank you!

Susan

Expert:  SlTl replied 1 month ago.

We're here to answer all your questions.

We always appreciate your feedback!

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Susan