Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

I need to ship an empty package to a motel in Joliet

Customer Question

I need to ship an empty package to a motel in Joliet Illinois and was told by the motel i'm dealing with that i could do it through USPS
JA: The Expert will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Expert can help you best.
Customer: My husband forgot his expensive glasses at the motel in Joliet and we want to get them shipped to us in canada
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Expert should know?
Customer: Could someone help me please?
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 24 days ago.

Hi, I'm Cher. Welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply, shortly.

Expert:  Cher replied 24 days ago.

Hello again,

I'm sorry to hear that your husband left his expensive glasses at the motel in Joliet.

The best way to do this, would be to get a box from an optical store or your local post office, that would easily fit the glasses (and a case, if there is one) and also buy some packing material, like packing peanuts or bubble wrap, to wrap around the box when it is returned with the glasses in it.

Next, purchase a second box that's slightly bigger and put the glasses box into the bigger box for extra protection, with the packing material.

Include a self-addressed mailing label inside the bigger box and ask your post office to find out from the USPS how much postage would be needed to mail the box back to you, from Joliet, with the glasses. Since you can't affix US postage to the box for return from the US, you can ask the motel if you can send them the correct amount (I'm sure you can convert your Canadian dollars to U.S. dollars at your bank or elsewhere) and ask them to buy the postage in the U.S. and affix it to the bigger box, along with the self-addressed mailing label, with the smaller box now containing the glasses, within.

You can also ask the motel to purchase the boxes, packing material and postage (send them the U.S. dollars in advance, plus some extra, for their trouble), and have them mail it directly to you, if they will agree to this.

I hope this helped and your husband receives his glasses back in good condition!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback, as that is the only way I receive recognition from the website for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply to Expert' for clarification or additional information, if needed.

Warmest regards,