A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
3157612
Type Your Question Here...

Can I get somebody to help me transfer somebody from their

Customer Question

Can I get somebody to help me transfer somebody from their parent's insurance to Obamacare? So, that it will be a smooth transition.
Category: General
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to our site and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you today.

The place to begin is www.healthcare.gov for basic information on the Affordable Care Act (referred to in some circles as Obamacare). Once you have become familiar with that, they also have customer service representatives available 27/7 to assist you in applying by telephone. The contact information is found at:

https://www.healthcare.gov/contact-us/

They can enroll him or her and they will tell you on what date the insurance will become effective.

The next person to speak with is your insurance broker to assure your child is removed from the current insurance policy as of the date given by the customer service representative.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
How would you be able to get information on how long you have been insured with your parents insurance company and breakage in coverage
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I had a person read to me that you can qualify for Obama care insurance even if you are currently not working. Please, forward information concerning this and links .

You will find everything you want to know abt coverage under the Affordable Care Act by talking to a representative at https://www.healthcare.gov/contact-us/ The link provides the telephone number.

Only your own insurance broker would know how long someone has been insured under the parents' coverage and if there had been a break. You would need to give him or her a call.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
when you say insurance broker what do you exactly mean? The person hasw blue cross blue shield
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Would the person have access to the information even after they are no longer on the policy?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can you give me a direct link for be covered under affordable care act while not employed

when you say insurance broker what do you exactly mean? The person hasw blue cross blue shield25 Sept 2016, 2:58 PM

Customer

Would the person have access to the information even after they are no longer on the policy?25 Sept 2016, 2:59 PM

Customer

1. Call the number on the insurance card.

2. The person who owns the policy would probably be the one who needs to call due to privacy concerns.

3. The link is the customer service center at www.healthcare.gov. Call their number and speak to a customer service representative. They know all of the minute details of the Affordable Care Act. They are the only ones who can review your particular situation.

Losing coverage through a parent can qualify someone for special open enrollment. Here is the quote from the healthcare.gov page:

https://www.healthcare.gov/coverage-outside-open-enrollment/special-enrollment-period/

However, your best plan is to call the customer service center and speak with a representative.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
once the policy is cancelled can the person still access the information tht I asked about previous.

Yes. The primary insured would need to make the call to the insurance company.