ExpertAppraiser
ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser
Experience:  USPAP Appraiser: art, antiques, coins, collectibles
59032044
Type Your Question Here...

Where can I find a picture and price for a Birmingham stove

Customer Question

Where can I find a picture and price for a Birmingham stove and range Baron model NO 17?
Category: General
Expert:  ExpertAppraiser replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for the question! The market for cast iron stoves is generally fairly modest in that few people are collecting them and most are purchased for decorative use in homes. A Birmingham Stove and Range (Baron model 17) would generally sell for $300 to $600 depending on condition. I found several images from auctions (attached). let me know how I may be of further help to you and thank you!

A guide to the stoves states the history as follows:

Birmingham Stove & Range Co.

Location: Birmingham, Jefferson County, Alabama

Founder: Sam D. Jones

Period of Production: 1902-1989

Products Manufactured: Full Line

Brand Names: Red Mountain, Century, Pioneer, Lady Bess

Birmingham Stove & Range Co. Timeline

1898 - Jones family acquires controlling interest in Atlanta Stove Works.

1902 - Birmingham Stove & Range Co. established to produce hollow ware and stoves for ASW and itself.

1916 - Land acquired and construction commenced to replace building previously lost to fire.

1930s-40s - Red Mountain series of cookware produced.

1950s - Century series introduced.

1957 - Atlanta foundry closed. BSR continues to produce products under both the ASW and BSR names.

1960s - Automated molding machines installed.

1989 - BSR foundry closes, brand continues to be produced under agreement with Lodge.

1991 - Company closes, relinquishes patterns and molds to Lodge to satisfy debt.

Hope that you found the information helpful. At this point I'll check the ready to be rated box, so kindly rate my professionalism.

Good morning! I'm seeing if you had further questions on this item or if I can be of further service. The only way that experts get credit for their answers is when you rate my professionalism. Kindly rate my service so that the question may be closed.