A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
Type Your Question Here...

I am an insurance agent and have had an independent agency.

Customer Question

i am an insurance agent and have had an independent agency. i am dissolving my agency and need to get tail insurance coverage. do i need to purchase that from the same company I have had previously
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: General
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to our site and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you today.

While you don't have to buy the tail coverage from the same company, it might be easier since they already have all your information. If you can find a better rate though, it's fine to go with another company.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

I know the tail coverage covers events that occur while the policy is in force but reported after the E & O policy terminates. What about policies that I have written that have a claim after the termination date.

Tail should be written to cover them. It's something you need to discuss with whoever is going to carry your tail coverage.