Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

We bought a Sentry Safe Model #:SFW123CS and opened it up,

Customer Question

We bought a Sentry Safe Model #:SFW123CS and opened it up, it got accidentally closed and we didn't set a combination for it yet. How do we go about getting it back open?
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 2 months ago.

Hello, and welcome.

Do you have your owner's manual or did it accidentally get closed in the safe?

If you have the manual, your original, factory set combination is on the back of the manual. You don't have to set your own combination, but can use the original one that came with the safe.

Is your safe manual (with a dial that you turn) or electronic/digital, with an electronic keypad?

Does your safe also have a key, to open it in conjunction with the combination? If so, you need to use the key first, then REMOVE and dial your combination or enter your digital combination.

If your manual is locked inside the safe, you will need to contact Sentry to recover your combination. You can do so, by following instructions at the following website:

You can also contact Sentry at: 800- 828- 1438
Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM US Central Time

I hope this helped and you get your safe open, soon!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback, because that is the only way I receive recognition for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed.

Warmest regards,