Ellen, Consultant
Experience:  attorney and legal researcher
9968427
Type Your Question Here...

I have a Sharp XE-A20S cash register and on one key I get a

Customer Question

I have a Sharp XE-A20S cash register and on one key I get a registration error E01 when I attempt to input a sale. I do not know how to fix this.
Category: General
Expert:  BestOne1943 replied 6 months ago.

I am a Sam4 Dealer but I know on most registers the 01 error is a general error. This means something is not entered correctly, like two keys at once or the wrong key for that type of operation. I believe there is a program error under that key such as "preset" price and you are trying to input a price? Check it carefully and try programming this key exactly like one of the others and you will find the problem.....good luck

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Hi, We have no preset prices. I believe it is set just like the other taxable keys. I'll reprogram that key and input another price. Right now you can't input anything. Get back to you on Monday. Store is closed on Sunday but I'll work on this before I leave today.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

I really need to know exactly how to program this key for "Linens" no set prices and a tax rate of 6% as we are in Pennsylvania. I had it programmed previously and then something must have happened. We have numerous people on our register.

What happens when you try to program it? Are you without a manual?