A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
3157612
Type Your Question Here...

My brother is currently a phd student in belarus but he will

Customer Question

my brother is currently a phd student in belarus but he will like to transfer his education to sweden for a master program in Enviormental protection due to the high education standard with pratical knowlege with european union recongnation of his certifcate upon completion of the course but the immmigration office requested he write a letter to support his application for resident permit on the need why he want to study in sweden and why he intended to stop a phd course des in belarus for a masters program in sweden ....i want a letter that will elaborate more of the advantage of the change of study to europe and the added advantage his my future prospect.
Category: General
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i need just a letter to support master enviromental protection degree
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 7 months ago.

Perhaps your brother should have asked this question. He needs to state in his letter WHY he wants to do this. That isn't clear from what you've written here.

Is he bored/disinterested, etc. in the field of his current PhD work?

Why does he have such an overwhelming desire to study Environmental Protection? Is that his current field?

Is a PhD from Belarus not recognized in the rest of the world?

It's just hazy what his motivations are.

Please supply additional information.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
please just create a writeup as a sample letter and we shall edit it ;the phd in belarus is not recongised worldwide and also enviornental protection course will give him a greater cause of getting a job in that field

Sorry, I will have to opt out. A family situation has occurred that I need to take care of this afternoon.

The question is open to all experts.

Good luck to your brother!

Schuyler

~

Sorry no one has offered a template for you. It is because you didn't provide enough information to write a good letter. Here is something you can start with:

I am currently a PhD student in (enter your field of study) in Belarus. I have discovered that my current credentials will not be recognized in most of the world outside of Belarus which will limit my choice of employment, and even impact where I can live and support my family in the future.

Transferring such of my credits as will transfer to Sweden and enrolling in a master degree program there in Environmental Protection will provide me with a broader education and the credentials will be recognized world-wide. Swedish education standards are top notch and I feel that I will gain a better education there.

(You can add anything you want here about WHY you want to change fields since you provided nothing.)

Best regards,

Schuyler

~