chester298
chester298,
69243481
Type Your Question Here...

I have a singer one plus and am having trouble with zig zag

Customer Question

I have a singer one plus and am having trouble with zig zag stitches only. Straight stitches are fine, zig zags are skipping stitches (two zig zags, then a couple straight looking ones), and needle thread is bunching up on the underside of the fabric. I have changed my needle twice, made sure the needles are appropriate for the fabric, cleaned all under the bobbin case, inside the bobbin case and used multiple bobbins, but still it sews unevenly and frequently the needle thread breaks. HELP!
Category: General
Expert:  chester298 replied 7 months ago.

Hi and welcome to Just answer.

Initially, did you try to adjust the upper tension?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Thanks for your response.

Try to remove your face plate then get the aerosol lubricant (do not use wd40) then spray on the needle bar mechanism then get a scrap fabric and test it. Just keep playing with zigzag until the lubricant penetrate.

Let me know what happen

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Never mind---I just watched closely what was happening--the threads were getting caught on something under the throat plate. I lowered the feed dogs to see if that made a difference, and now they won't come back up again. This machine is toast.

What do you mean won't come back up and toast? Your machine is now working?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

No. When I push the lever to raise the feed dogs, they don't move. I think the machine is broken.

When you flip the drop feed button the feed dogs go down immediately, but flipping the button back seems to have no affect. This is normal, the feed will come back up when taking the first stitch, so just make sure the button is in the up position and start sewing.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Nope, tried to sew, they stay down. I flipped the switch a couple times to test it, no luck. Thanks for your time, I think I need to replace the machine.

May I know how is your experience here on Just answer. If you will give me a rating for my time and effort in assisting you what it would be?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

You were great, too bad my machine was beyond help.

Thanks!

Thank you very much!

IMPORTANT: RATING IS REQUIRED! If you are satisfied to my answer please don't forget to rate,,GOOD OR EXCELLENT rating and BONUS are greatly appreciated...