A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
Type Your Question Here...

I have just finished writing my first book/memoir and would

Customer Question

I have just finished writing my first book/memoir and would like to know how to go about getting it published and if there are any costs associated with signing up for Oprah's book club and submitting it for review. Lin Ryan
JA: The Expert will know what to do. Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?
Customer: I am totally knew to the internet and just got my first computer and have to type 12 more chapters of my hand written book out of 18 chapters onto my computer. Thanks for your help. Lin
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Expert about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: General
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 3 months ago.

Oprah's Book Club was just a discussion group about a book that was chosen by one of her production staff from among all the books sent in by publishers for consideration. Anyone could chime in. The book club ceased to exist in 2011. Oprah and her OWN network do not accept manuscripts (or other material such as videos) for consideration.

The best way to get your book published is to send it to small publishers. Large publishing houses will only accept manuscripts from a literary agent.

You can read more here:

You can also publish the book yourself. You can read more about that here:

Best regards,