Michael
Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
70951075
Type Your Question Here...

I have a friend who has many wax figures & many of the

Customer Question

I have a friend who has many wax figures & many of the fingers need repair.
JA: The Expert will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Expert can help you best.
Customer: The fingers are broken off & some are split , but still attached.
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?
Customer: How do I match the color?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Expert about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: General
Expert:  Michael replied 5 months ago.

Hi Ken and welcome to JustAnswers.

As to your question about the wax figures and matching color, experts at museums list that crafts man mixes colored wax and oil paint to create an exact match of the skin tone. Test in a small area on the figure to see about matching the exact look before continuing with the entire area that needs repair.

As to repairing the broken off pieces, look at your local craft store for wax adhesives as they are used for sticking wax together to various surfaces.

Also look at using hot glue at a lower temperature as test on a small piece before continuing.

I hope that these ideas can be found helpful in getting the wax figures repaired. Please let me know of any additional questions and if you could take a quick moment to rate my help so that I can receive credit for assisting you this afternoon.

Take care,

Michael