chisn1jl
chisn1jl,
Experience:  IMLS Intern Coordinator at Brooklyn Museum
94722635
Type Your Question Here...

Can you still get chemo once you get a plurex catheter and

Customer Question

Can you still get chemo once you get a plurex catheter and drain all fluid in lungs
Category: General
Expert:  chisn1jl replied 5 months ago.

I am very sorry for what you or your loved one is going through. I am concerned that this question might be best for a medical professional. I am a certified Research Librarian, but I am not a doctor...My initial research does seem to suggest that there would not be a conflict, but it depends on a number of factors such as if you use a catheter for chemo as well and where that particular catheter is placed.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
She has catheter on left and right lungs to drain fluid. Her fluid in lungs came because of her receiving Herception.
Expert:  chisn1jl replied 5 months ago.

I'm not finding any indication that this should conflict with chemo. Is there a catheter also used in her chemo process?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No there isn't. I seen the side effect online for Herception it causes fluid in lung and shortness of breath
Expert:  chisn1jl replied 5 months ago.

I see...I would recommend calling the doctor who provides the chemo and explaining about the side effects of the Herception and just confirming that she can still get chemo...

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
He's no help. Said he couldn't do anything.
Expert:  chisn1jl replied 5 months ago.

Meaning the doctor will not do chemo on her while there is fluid in her lungs?

Expert:  chisn1jl replied 5 months ago.

I'm just confused about how I can help you...could you try rephrasing your question, perhaps?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The fluid has been drained that's why she has the catheter.
Expert:  chisn1jl replied 5 months ago.

I'm afraid I don't think there's anything I can do to influence the doctor, if the doctor is saying they will not proceed with chemo due to the catheter in the lungs...I would recommend a Second Opinion from a medical professional. You have the right to consult another doctor for a second opinion.

Expert:  chisn1jl replied 5 months ago.

I understand that this must be a very stressful and frustrating situation for you...

Expert:  chisn1jl replied 5 months ago.

:(