A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
Type Your Question Here...

I am asking 11 year old daughter who had a dance partner

Customer Question

Hello I am asking for my 11 year old daughter who had a dance partner for ballroom dancing last year who at the time was a close friend. They did well together and won the trophy but today another girl came up to her at recess and was causing trouble and said out of the blue that she was going to be partners with this boy for dancing. Should my daughter confront this boy or is this girl making it all up?
Category: General
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 4 months ago.

There is no way to know if the girl was making up the story or not. They are 11 years old - just children - and children can be petty and spiteful and not always truthful. If your daughter and the boy are close friends, she can certainly ask him for clarification. No doubt the children will work it out on their own one way or the other.

Kind regards,