Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
Type Your Question Here...

How to reassemble the wheels (spindle assembly) in sentry

Customer Question

how to reassemble the wheels (spindle assembly) in sentry safe 1330
JA: The Expert will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Expert can help you best.
Customer: I was given my Dad's safe after his passing. I had the combination, but it was tough to open as it felt there was some rust or corrosion on the inside spindles. I took it apart, greased the components, but now can't figure out how to reassemble it?
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Expert about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: General
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Generally, using grease or oil lubricant on safe parts and locks is inadvisable. It can gum the works up badly. Silicone powder type lubricant is listed for safes and their latches.

It may not work for long even if you do reassemble it... though I confess, I don't have information as to how that is done. Since that is the case, I have Opted Out, with the suggestion that the oil/grease lubricant be cleaned off the parts before they are reassembled.

(Incidentally: was there any rust on the inner working parts? or was it merely 'dusty'-looking?)

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The dial was difficult to move, so my brother sprayed on on silicone lubricant. No grease per say.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have a picture of the loose parts if that would help.